Sunday, June 15, 2008

LUSH tins




These are my LUSH temple balms and solid perfumes.

Flying Fox (the orange one) temple balm is probably my favourite of the bunch right now, and I'm actually using it as a solid perfume. It smells of jasmine and honey - similar to the Flying Fox shower gel, that I also unexpectedly started to like. Unexpectedly - because the first time that I smelled it I hated it, it seemed overpowering and gave me nausea and headache... Well, strange things happen, now it's one of my favourite LUSH products.

Dream Time - (the blue one) is another temple balm. To me it smells like Dream Cream (OR Angels on Bare Skin exfoliator). It's nice. In my experience, it doesn't really cure insomnia - I'm not sure if it's suppposed to, but it is relaxing, helps with minor headaches and can be actually used for calmin small skin irritations.

Honey I Washed the Kids and American Cream - (the black things) are the two solid perfumes that I have so far. I like both of them, but honestly both their namesakes (the soap and the hair conditioner) are better. That is, they smell better - for my liking. But I like the idea of solid perfumes, and am going to get more of them. My new love is Karma, so I guess it's going to be the next :-)

The little red tin keeping them company is the Vietnamese balm called "Golden Star" or something. I don't know about Vietnam but in Russia it's like a universal medicine for some people - as it used to be in the USSR, it's a very old product, you see, a product with a history :-))))) In fact it is quite a useful thing, not a cure-all of course, but it's good to have it at hand. Essentially it contains clove, cinnamon and peppermint oils, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus oil - all the basic things. :-)

2 comments:

Viki said...

You've got really cool things there!

Hmm, about the scents, I heard they're somewhat different from their originals (at least some LUSH fanatics said so), but I don't think that'll deter me from trying Fever or Potion. Sometime. :-)

Oh, Viernamese Balm!!! We used to have the same kind that's on your photo when I was a kid. There are a lot of moskitos round our summer cottage, and we used this balm to treat moskito bites. :-) I still remember the scent, it was sharp, but not unpleasant. I bought something similar a while ago, but it just wasn't the same...

Take care dear!
Love,
Izar

Someone Loving said...

Well, I'm not surprised that you know the Vietnmese balm for some reason ;-) Still wondering if they use it in Vietnam itself though :-))))